Thanks for your interest in joining our team!
We offer a dynamic and creative environment in our loft office located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and are looking for candidates with excellent organizational, communication and problem solving skills. We encourage personal initiative with a will to bring a fresh perspective.
Wanderlust is seeking an Accounting Manager to oversee the successful execution of all accounting and payroll functions. This Brooklyn, NY-based position also completes financial reporting and ensures tax and governmental reporting compliance with all relevant entities. This is a remarkable opportunity for growth along with this burgeoning yoga lifestyle company.
- Perform daily/weekly accounting duties such as accounts payable, payroll, cash receipts, receivables, collections, cash account reconciliations, credit card downloads and journal entries.
- Complete the monthly close process, including allocations, journal entries, sub ledger reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare month-end reporting including balance sheet, P&L, and variance reports.
- Develop, implement and execute proper recordkeeping systems and internal controls for all accounting, financial and personnel information.
- Ensure that company is in compliance with all state and local sales, use, and employment tax and reporting requirements.
- Assist in the compilation of operating budgets and forecasts.
- Complete both basic and complex analyses from various sources, such as: sales analyses, profitability analyses, and business metrics reports.
- Document and implement internal control policies and procedures.
- Perform as the technical expert in point-of-sale, accounting, and payroll software systems.
- Knowledge of event accounting. Ability to read and interpret contracts to ensure performers, vendors and suppliers receive timely deposits and balance payments. Ability to communicate directly with performers. Ability to track and prepare settlements for up to 70 performers at a given event.
- The Accounting Manager position requires a Bachelor’s degree Accounting.
- This work requires five years related hands-on accounting experience, preferably in entertainment or festival industries with revenue from ticket sales. Experience with EventBrite and/or MINDBODY Online is a big plus.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and eagerness to research accounting issues.
- Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks.
- Proficiency with Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be available to travel to Wanderlust Festivals during the summer months, as well as occasional travel in other seasons.
- Project management skills, ability to work independently, managing time and deadlines professionally, and able to provide top-level report on progress.
- Ability to multitask and execute at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability learn and obtain new skills in order to support the needs of the business as it evolves.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lauren@wanderlust.com to be considered for this position.
Wanderlust is currently seeking a Merchandising Manager to oversee the product strategy and development of the brand. The Merchandising Manager will be responsible for driving the overall product strategy for the company, including design and curation, e-commerce/online retail development and management, product development and manufacturing, coordination with teacher/performer/musician festival merchandise, and executing the festival merchandising experience. This is a truly unique opportunity to design the product strategy for an upcoming lifestyle brand.
BA or BS degree required
3-5 years merchandising experience, with proven managerial capabilities, experience in e-commerce/online
Technical understanding of apparel manufacturing process, including screenprinting, embroidery, fabric selection, etc.
Ability to drive overall brand strategy and execute on-site festival experience
Outstanding communication (written, spoken, presentation) skills
Proven analytical and leadership capabilities
Ability to travel to all Wanderlust Festivals (6+), Yoga In The City (5+) and other related business events, as necessary
ATTRIBUTES AND CHARACTERISTICS WE SEEK
Love of fashion and design
Knowledge of like-minded brands
Expertise in current merchandising trends
Sense of urgency and passion – driven by our lifestyle mission
Action and results-oriented
Creative thinker and problem solver with a resourcefulness and can-do attitude
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio showcasing your merchandise experience, including brand, brand mission, private label design, and product(s) to Lauren@wanderlust.com to be considered for the position.
All our internships are flexible based on your current availability, and a four-month commitment is preferred. All our interns have the opportunity to grow into their own positions at Wanderlust Festival. We frequently hire our interns! Interns may also have the opportunity of traveling with us to one of our festivals.
To apply for an internship, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Wanderlust is seeking a video intern to help with various editing and filming projects.
- Proficiency with Premiere CS or Final Cut Pro
- Experience filming with a variety of camera types (DSLR, HPX, EX, etc)
We are looking for someone who understands video from capture through compression - codecs, bit rates, transitions, subtitles, graphics, audio, and output for web. Any experience with motion graphics is a plus. If you love yoga and music, too, that's even better!